Stealth Media Films has
discovered that Hollywood actor Ben Affleck has spoken out on his highly
anticipated Batman role. What did he say?
Stealth Media Films is no Stranger to the Work of Ben Affleck
As a film finance firm that
regularly features at some of the world’s most renowned film festivals such as
Cannes, Toronto and Berlin, Stealth
Media Films is no stranger to the work of Ben Affleck.
He’s one of the most talented
actors in Hollywood. Ever since his first outing with best pal Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting, Affleck has featured
in a number of high profile productions including Shakespeare in Love, Pearl
Harbour, Daredevil and Argo. He directed the latter, which went
on to receive seven academy award nominations, of which it won three.
Affleck’s Casting Spurs Volley of Criticism
We cheered when it was announced
that the A-Lister would feature as Batman in the new Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice film, slated to open in 2016.
But he’s certainly got a task
ahead of him. The announcement of Affleck in such a pivotal role prompted a
slew of negative reactions. However, according
to EW, Affleck revealed that the studio behind the blockbuster, Warner
Bros, prepared him for the negative reaction the announcement of his casting
would surely bring.
Ben Affleck Speaks Out
Affleck said that the studio “gave
me a bunch of past reactions to casting and said, 'Are you sure you want to get
into this? This is part and parcel of these movies now. There's a lot of active
fans with a lot of opinions'."
He went on to say that "To me, having been through a certain amount of
that, it doesn't really... Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I wouldn't
have taken the part if I didn't trust my instincts in terms of the filmmaking.
I think Chris Terrio wrote a terrific script. Zack's a great visual director.
And there's an interesting take.”
"I
wouldn't have done it if I didn't think I could do it. I have the benefit of a
lot of that understanding. But also, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
That's a big part of this international sport. The Fifty Shades of Grey kid
or whatever it is. That's sort of become a thing."
We’ll Soon See whether Affleck Really
Was Right for the Role of Batman
So
Affleck certainly seems ready to take on the iconic role of Batman, despite
what his critics have to say. At Stealth Media Films, we honestly can’t wait
for the release of the film in 2016. It’ll be fascinating to see whether
Affleck really was right for one of the most beloved superhero roles in
Hollywood history.